In addition to my scheduled lectures and workshops, the following workshops can be brought to your group or event.
- Story Creation Workshops: Join me for this 3 hour workshop where we will use storyboard techniques to give shape to your story idea or novel. Do you know what your ACT I climax is? How does your story change at the mid-point? Whether you’re new to writing or have already been published, this workshop will help you map out a more focused and engaging plot.
- Revision Workshop: Learn how to transform your rough draft into a compelling and well-crafted novel through personalized feedback in a series of hands-on revision exercises. This workshop is available using a broad scope in a large group setting or in small groups for a more intensive experience.
- Craft of Writing Lectures: Strengthen your skills in a particular aspect of the craft of writing in these 1.5 hour workshops (also available in lecture format). Topics include: shaping your story through plot turning points; connecting the reader to your protagonist; what belongs in your opening pages; and creating compelling characters. A full listing is available – please contact me through form below.
- Scrivener: Organizing your story or writing project has never been easier! In this 2.5 hour workshop, participants will learn to use Scrivener, a powerful and time-saving software tool used by writers around the world. Manuscript, visual storyboard, files for research, and more are all stored in one multi-purpose program. Scrivener’s manuscript compilation features are also great for preparing your manuscript for self-publication. WORKSHOP COMING SOON!
RECENT AND UPCOMING LECTURES
To reserve your spot in an upcoming workshop or to request more information – including having me bring this workshop to your writers group, please leave a message along with your name and email address in the comment box below. (All comments on this page are private.)
▪ Oct. 11-Nov. 15, 2016 – OLLI class series: Turning Life Stories into Memoirs, Tuesdays 9am-11am. Registration begins Sept. 16.
▪ Nov. 17, 2016 – Writers by the Sea presentation: Efficient Revision. Amelia Island, 6pm.
▪ Jan. 21, 2017 – Tallahassee Authors Network workshop/presentation: Demystifying the Editing Process. Leroy Collins Leon County Library, Tallahassee. 12-3pm.
▪ Mar. 15, 2017 – Around the Writers Table streaming interview: Point of View and Voice Part 2: An Advanced Study. Learn more.
▪ June 15, 2017 – TWA’s First Ever Critique Night. Watch WTXL spot.
▪ Fall 2017 – OLLI class series: Sharing Your Life Stories (tentative)
▪ Oct. 19-22, 2017 – Florida Writers Association conference faculty. Workshop titles TBA. Altamonte Springs, FL.